Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yeah, you don't need to read this.

So we have these panel lock bugs, right, the kind where the printer panel just suddenly hangs for no apparent reason, and my panel leader in Tokyo (I'm in Osaka) thought it would be awesome if we hold meetings and discuss our proposed fixes with the other programmer guys. Over video. Which means one thing.

Anjo.

So. Can you imagine the sheer level of TERROR I was feeling the whole day today because the meeting was at 7 pm. I was so fucking irritable I even snapped at Nakaji-san (our Japanese boss) when he was bugging me about something. It. Was. Just. I knew Anjo was going to attend the meeting!!! Insufferable know-it-all that he is. By the way there's going to be another one tomorrow. Ugh kill me now.

With everything else we have going on right now, seeing Anjo again is the LAST thing I need. I don't need the added pressure, you know? And to top it all off the arrogant bastard TOTALLY DISSED OUR FIX. In front of the other panel big shots. He was all like, "This bug happens in another screen desu yo. Where's the fix for that, huh?" I wanted to scream, "READ THE DOCUMENT I SENT YOU ASSHOLE, I *KNOW* IT HAPPENS IN ANOTHER SCREEN, I PUT IT RIGHT THERE, I SAID I WAS GOING TO FREAKING FIX IT." Maybe my Nihongo was too complicated for him, I don't know. I would've written it in English, but unfortunately he will understand even less.

Ugh. I dunno why so many people in Tokyo had to attend the video conference anyway. I saw people from modules completely different from mine that probably had zero to do with my module. Anjo probably went, "Hey guys, wanna come see a freak show?" and everyboy went running.

In fairness naman to our fix, it was technically correct. Yesterday I even checked with the guy who created the function we edited, and he said the fix was OK. I dunno who Anjo thinks he is, but if he has problems with the fix, maybe he should go ask THE FREAKING AUTHOR OF THE FUNCTION.

Ugh. I soooooooo not like being made a fool of in front of other people. If you're so damn PERFECT go fix it yourself.

On a side note, when I saw Anjo enter the conference room in Tokyo on the TV screen I wanted to die. :'( God I miss him. I especially miss the days when he would diss my fixes to my face. Because then I wouldn't have 11 other people hear what a drain I am to the project. On live TV.

So today, I again realized that I will never be good enough, my fixes will always be 全然ダメ, and I will always, ALWAYS be scared of Anjo.

Thanks for today, Anjo. I miss you too. See you again tomorrow. :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sigurado kang ayaw mong isulat yan sa tagalog? :)

jMe said...

oks lang abs di naman ako sikat. and i set it up so my blog won't appear when you do a google search. saka gumamit naman ako ng code names, wahahahahaha XD