Monday, December 18, 2006

Sun's Day

Spent the wee hours of yesterday morning watching episode upon episode of Grey's Anatomy (thanks, Rommel). Started with the very first episode. I think I watched eight. (Marci still gets the medal for DVD marathons though - she watched One Tree Hill season one in, oh, 18 hours with only one hour-long break. Well anyway.) Hmm... Grey's Anatomy. First off, weird title. Aside from that, it's totally watchable - Isiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey, in my opinion, are BOTH McDreamy's - and there's enough drama to keep you waiting for the next episode. It's not at the top of my TV Shows To Watch list, though. (Sorry Dulce.) Or maybe I haven't watched enough yet. But it's definitely there.

Spent the rest of the Sunday at Megamall with my mom, brother, sister-in-law, and my two nephews. It was Utoy's first time at Megamall, and in all fairness he was totally well-behaved. Even when we went to Toy Kingdom and his eyes were almost popping out of their sockets. He'd never seen so much toys in his life. Told him I was going to buy him a Barbie, and realized the testosterone already kicked in when he answered, "Nooo, that's for girls." Anyway blew my Sodexho gift certificates on Christmas gifts for Utoy (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/japz20/Utoy/19962967338556l.jpg) and EJ (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/japz20/Utoy/345271615l.jpg). Kudos to my brother and sister for producing such fine little monsters.


Speaking of siblings, Marie the Utoy Clone is coming home in January after two and a half year's stay at Dubai. In March she's going to have another spawn. I can't wait to see hoy Utoy's going to torture his little brother/sister. Exciting.

For the ride to the mall I brought along Neil Gaiman's "American Gods", katas ng Kris Kringle namin sa AWS. Been reading it for almost a week. It's pretty good. I'm a sucker for mythology, and this one's got Norse, Irish, Egyptian, the works (although no mention of the Greek pantheon.) If you read it really closely, you'll even see a Delirium cameo in the middle of the book. Haven't finished it yet though, maybe tonight or tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for a nice ending, despite Kabo's comment that it's the worst Gaiman novel he ever read. I really don't know what to make of that. Kabo hates everything. Except for that "tsukurimashou" anime, anyway.

Dami nang fillers! Mamaya na ulit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't call american gods the worst gaiman novel i ever read...

'cause saying something like that sort of implies that all his books are crap and that american gods is the crappiest of them all.

I'd say its my least favorite gaiman novel...

haha

p.s. what the heck is tsukurimashou? probably some girly anime. real men watch macho anime like sailor moon or hana yori dango!!!

jMe said...

On second thought, yeah, maybe I misquoted Kabo. At the office, after I tore the wrapper to reveal the book, I got all excited and shit.

Me: (ecstatically) "Maganda ba 'to?!?"
Kabo: (without blinking) "Actually yan yung pinakaayaw ko sa lahat ng libro nya e."

(Sound of balloon deflating.) Hahaha :) Anyway yep, the "tsukurimashou" cartoon actually IS a girly anime. And not even Sailor Moon-girly... like, Sailor Moon: The Pre-Pubescent Years-girly. Go figure.