Friday, November 17, 2006

The Top Ten Impressions Jamie Gets From People

10. Mukha akong may nightlife. O di ba anlabo. My officemate Marci asked me if I went to bars, and when I asked why, she replied with this statement. Marci mukha ba 'kong mag-eenjoy uminom at umindak sa harap ng ibang tao.

 

9. Mukha akong vocalist. Favorite impression ko 'to! No joke, napagkakamalan talaga 'ko. At least three people have already told me this. The first person was Pablo Neruda Singzon's friend from Ateneo rin. Our introduction basically went like this:
Guy: "Di ba may banda ka?"
Me: "Uuh... oo."
Guy: "Ikaw yung vocalist di ba?"
Me: "Hinde."
Napaisip talaga 'ko ba't alam nyang may banda 'ko e. And to think we weren't even in a bar somewhere. I was all dolled up at the Peninsula Manila for a friend's debut. I think I was mistaken for the Narda frontman (woman?), solely because we belonged to the same batch.
Anyway the second time I became a vocalist was while waiting for a rehearsal studio to free up somewhere in Cubao. Tin and I were smoking, and this random girl struck up a conversation with us. I remember I was wearing a black top and my raggediest jeans (complete with the obligatory hole at the knee), and then, yeah, she asked if I was the vocalist. Strike two. Maybe it was the wardrobe that time.
The third time was the other day, after recounting the previous stories to my officemates at Makati.
Mitzi: "Oo nga no, mukha ka ngang vocalist."
Me: "Baket?!?"
Mitzi: "Kase di ba mga vocalist maraming boylets."
Hah. I wish. Maybe she meant marami akong GUSTONG maging boylets. Hahaha. Anyway all three times I was mistaken for a vocalist, I was kinda flattered. Well, wouldn't you be? EVERYBODY wants to be a frickin' vocalist! Hah. So kahit na depende lang sa kanta ang pagkaganda ng boses ko, at least mukha pa rin akong vocalist.

 

8. Hindi Assumptionista. I already blogged about this. People are politely surprised when I tell them I graduated from Assumption Antipolo. From where I'm standing, that's a good thing, I guess. I don't want to be someone people think habitually make tusok-tusok the fucking fishball.

 

7. Hindi 24. Sarap naman. It kills me that I'm already in my mid-20's, although being mistaken as someone younger is a pretty good compensation. One time, Tin, Dawn, and me were buying stuff for drinking at the Town and Country grocery, and the cashier short of asked us to show some ID. Stig.

 

6. Tibo. Hmm. I can't imagine why. The smoking thing? O siguro kase pogi ako. Haha.

 

5. Galit. I actually had someone at the Makati office, Kiks, remind me not to frown so much so early in the morning. I dunno. Lagi nya 'kong nahuhuling nakakunot ang noo saka nakasimangot (not a conscious effort) sa harap ng PC ko. Good thing he doesn't take it personally. Tuwing umaga kase I make it a habit to read the news at inq7.net, and I guess the news just piss me off so I look angry. Tanginang gobyerno naman kase yan.

 

4. Mataray at suplada. Lana told me his friend Daniel said I looked, yeah, snobbish (what a word) when he first met me one night at the s2dio. Hannah (partner ni Daniel the DandyMan) told me so too after our first week of training at ADTX. I could tell she meant it too because she was kinda hesitant to tell me in the first place, complete with "Jamie wag kang magagalit a... pero akala ko talaga mataray ka." Parang natatakot pa syang matarayan ko. As everybody knows I'm very easy to get along with... just as long as you don't piss me off by being too much of an ass.

 

3. Mukha akong Jamie. Some random person actually told me this upon our introduction, and I didn't know how to react. The name Jamie is actually derived from Jacob meaning "supplanter," which sucks if you know what it means, but on the other hand I'm in great company. I was born on July 25th, the feast of St. James, as was James Lafferty, better known as Nathan Scott. O di ba, MFEO. Anyway, all I can say about the "mukha kang Jamie" comment... good job at naming me, Mom and Dad! For all I know they took one look at me after I was born and said the same thing.

2. Sabog. Well duh. Kailangan pa ba talagang i-explain 'to?

 

1. Malungkot. At least everyone I know has told me this. Nanay, trainer, co-trainee, kaibigan, kapatid ng kaibigan, kaibigan ng kaibigan, lahat. Kahit hindi ako bad trip nasasabihan pa rin ako nito. I will explain yet again: GANITO NA 'KO PINANGANAK. Congenital. So don't hold it against me. Pag may nakita ka bang pilay sasabihan mo sya palaging pilay sya? Di ba hinde?

 

Grabe haba ng post. Bored sa Alabang.

3 comments:

jp8 said...

totoo yung 8,6,5,4,2, and 1. and di ako pinanganak the samy date as you... i was born may 14 ok...

Anonymous said...

6. Tibo. Hmm. I can't imagine why. The smoking thing? O siguro kase pogi ako. Haha.

inde.

may kamuka ka lng na pogi...

jMe said...

jp: F7 lang ang katapat ng problema mo. hahaha :)

mike: skwater benta sa \'kin, hahaha :)