Or, Aegis 2004 - "Gnomon," a title which makes me think of a band of little dwarves - is released more than a year after graduation, and my batchmates are pissed.
I'll be short and sweet on the infamous tardiness of the said yearbook, as this topic has already been exhaustively and tirelessly discussed, run over with a fine-toothed comb, and bitched about and defended more times in the batch e-group than I can possibly take. I'm suing somebody about this. Who the fuck is the atenista2004 moderator? He-LLO, moderation? Anyhoo, my two cents on the matter is, getting it this late, and incomplete at that (where's the friggin' CD?), is largely... irritating. It bites. It sucks whole black holes. But I'm not going to threaten the Aegis 2004 team to "ready themselves for a civil case," 'cause where would I fit in all the hearings? Right now I'm studying for the November ECE board exams on MWF mornings, finishing my doctoral dissertation (ha, ha) on MWF afternoons, explaining the difference between the negative sign and the minus sign to bewildered highschoolers (harder than it sounds) on MWF evenings, and trying to raise Utoy in between all of it. So, you know, filing civil cases over late yearbooks is pretty much out of the question. Fuck anyone who asks.
I actually finished going over the yearbook on Saturday night. I wish it had seven volumes instead of five (because isn't seven the most powerfully magical number?) but I'm afraid it'd have been heavier than me if it did.
Anyway, going over the yearbook (gag) memories, I rediscovered the unique pleasure derived from an Ateneo education - the wider selection of very hot guys. Oh my gawd, I know it's so late, but Gaston Xavier Bagsit, hindi kita kilala pero I LOVE YOU!!! Hahaha. Tangina ang kyut mo, bakit ngayon ka lang dumating sa buhay ko... Other notable pages in the yearbook containing some guys with VERY HIGH cuteness factors (Trust me, I have very good taste.): page 92, vol. 2 (some Edilberto guy), page 389, vol. 3 (tangina mo Sharkee hindi ka ganyan kagwapo sa personal!), page 439, vol. 4 (Marco so-and-so), and page 316, vol. 4 (the aforementioned God, este Gus pala). I don't know if you have this in your copy too, but in page 135, vol. 2, there's a guy who looks like he has some very unfortunate sores all over his face. Must be the bad quality of the paper. Maybe he should file the civil case. There are some gwapo guys in pages 175 and 189 of vol. 3, but I suspect more guys go after them than girls. Undeniably pogi, though.
A real downer, this is - my English class boyfriend (I wish) isn't in the yearbook. He should've been in page 404 of vol. 2, or at least in the vol. 5 picture of the org he is only the president of, but he's not. WHAT THE FUCK? HE'S ONLY THE BOBBY BENEDICTO, YOU INCOMPETENT, LAZY ASS AEGIS FREAKS! Fer cryin' out loud. (Although I greatly suspect he did this on purpose, because he knows many girls are going to be looking for him. Harrumph.)
There was a page in the yearbook - a picture, really - that literally took my breath away when I saw it. It shouldn't have, but it did, and I guess I'll have to live with that. Huh.
As it was largely unrecognized, I'd now like to take credit for writing the ECE batch write-up. I know it was kinda simplistic and obviously rushed and it didn't really capture the depth our collective relationships achieved in our fifth year, but it was the best I could do for one day's notice. If you think you could have done better, then you should have submitted a write-up, you arrogant jerk.
I'm getting so much done on my thesis today. Matutuwa sina Sir Bong nito. Haha.
All in all, Gnomon did to me what yearbooks inevitably do - bring back memories of days past which I will hopelessly and relentlessly relive with you over bottles of God knows what, belly laughing over half-forgotten snippets of life as it happened to us in five glorious years we can never have again but will fondly, half-smilingly, always remember as the best years of our lives; and then I'll wipe back a tear - and you will, too - for all the good and the bad, the highs and the lows, the loves and the lost, the bonds forged and the bonds broken, and then we'll smile, and thank God that in this universe of ambiguity, we found certainty and truth in those years together.
Okay, enough progress for today. Nag-cut na naman ako ng review para mag-blog.
4 comments:
skwater ka, jme! bat di ka pumasok kanina? ;p sige galingan mo't para matapos ka na sa doctoral dissertation mo.. *ahem, ahem*... why not!
oo nga, bakit wala si bobby benedicto?
"There was a page in the yearbook - a picture, really - that literally took my breath away when I saw it. It shouldn't have, but it did, and I guess I'll have to live with that. Huh."
^^ at sino naman ito, ha! is this who i think this is?! move on!!! joke!joke!joke! haha...
well, overall, the aegis people could have done a lot better on our yearbook, considering it took them more than a year to polish it all up. ang daming typo, tupi, smudges, indention errors. it ain't worth the 2,500php the students paid with, but it's better than none. haay.
HINDI SYA YUN! Hahaha. Bahala na kung sino yun.
Joke lang yung doctoral dissertation. As if, haha Ü
The yearbook could've been better presented. Pero I can't complain, I didn't join Aegis e.
Wow! Haba ng post ah! Daming progress Neil oh! Kilala ko yung sa page 175 the moment I read it. Memorize ko kaya yung page number ko. Lagi ko tinitignan eh. Hahaha. Ilalaglag kita sa mga crush mo...nang magka-boyfriend ka na at di ka na kawawa sa amin. It's Sweet's turn. =P
Kahit ilaglag mo ko ng isang libong beses sa mga crush ko hindi ako magkakaboyfriend, at kahit magkaboyfriend ako kawawa pa rin ako sa inyo. Universal constant. Hahaha.Ü
Martin sabi ko nga pogi yung nasa page 175!
Sweet, wag ka magpakawawa sa kanila. Sapakin mo pag ginago ka.Ü
Post a Comment