I know, a couple of hours and it's Christmas, but just let me rant, ok?
This morning, a little before 6, my mom woke up to find our front door unlocked. She in turn immediately woke me up, and after a quick search of the downstairs area, we realized some things were missing.
1. My mom's fake pearl earrings (on the ref)
2. My mom's gold watch (on the ref)
3. My sister's digital camera (in a random drawer)
4. My Creative Zen Vision M (in a random drawer)
5. My Nike jacket (on a chair)
6. Assorted stuff I received from people (chocolates from Abs, cologne from Bianx on a cabinet)
7. My Canon G10 (in a random drawer).
I... was in shock. I think I still am. At first it was like, "Fuuuuck, my cameraaaaaaaaa..." It was all about the camera. I was taking pictures of everything to take back to Japan - memories, you know? - and now somebody else is probably laughing his ass off at my expense. I had dinner last night with some college friends and I didn't bring the camera for fear of being held up during the commute; I did not expect someone was going to break into my house and take it.
But as my mom also pointed out, the thief could just as easily have gone upstairs to where we were sleeping, completely defenseless. Three grown women, two kids. We could have lost a lot more.
After Utoy woke up I told him somebody came in our house and took my camera. I was expecting him to whine along with me, ask me all sorts of questions, but all he said was, without batting an eyelash, "That's ok, you can just buy another one." True.
But beyond the stealing itself, I feel really scared now. Today we added two deadbolts on the front door and another lock on the back door for added security - is that really going to keep determined robbers out? Most of the time it's only my mom, the yaya, Utoy and Ashley in the house.
It's not fair. I feel so violated. How can somebody do that to anybody. Do I have to live with this sense of insecurity and fear all the time now? Fuck.
I dunno. Just be careful everyone. Double check the doors and windows. Have a safe and Merry Christmas.
3 comments:
hi jamie!!! binigay sakin ni dulce link nito after ko ikwnto s kanya na nawala ang atm ko... super untouchable ng pondo ko until jan 5... huhuhu... patawad sa mga inaanak at mga inamo, no gimiks pa and sexy time... tsk! hahaha..
i felt good and bad after reading this...
bad kasi, the things that was lost from you and your family were very precious to you? :(
and good dahil you're right, we could have lost more.
i wish this would be a lesson for both and all of us.. i don't know.. charing!
shucks, jme. the cameraaaa! but i'm so glad that nobody was harmed. and yes, you can buy another zen, another camera, another jacket. we can take photos, i can give you chocolates. buti pala bianx's gift is with me. take care!
hi pat, welcome to my blog. it's kinda messy, but please enjoy your stay, hahaha XD
anyway pano nawala yung atm mo? bad trip yun a. pero at least intact pa rin sya.
sana ma-enjoy mo pa rin ang holidays kahit hindi mahawakan ang pondo. bawi ka na lang sa mga inaanak sa january 5 :)
hi abs, di ko pa nakuha yung pics natin from monday. :'( haaay kuha na lang ulit tayo. take care rin, merry christmas :)
Post a Comment