I just don't know how many quotable quotes I've accumulated over the years... pero sigurado akong bigla silang dumami nung naging kaibigan ko na si JP. (Quotable quote machine yun e.) Anyway sino bang marunong maglagay ng random quote generator sa blog? Dun ko na lang ilalagay. Anyway I just wanted to share this.
"God, God, why did you put so many assholes in the world at the same time?"
- Major Santini in The Great Santini after reading news of Fidel Castro and Nikita Kruschev
Wala, natawa 'ko e. Obviously anything I find remotely amusing I stick into this blog. Which explains the pictures of the apple from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
Reality Bites is one of my favorite movies of all time, kahit nung bata pa ko. It was written by Ben Stiller and released in 1994, so aside from a pre-scandal Winona Ryder (as Lelaina), it features a young Ethan Hawke as Troy, the philosophy-spouting lead singer for the indie grunge rock band "Hey, That's My Bike." Panalong kombinasyon sa lalaki. Mula doon ito ang mga pinakapaborito kong quotes:
Lelaina: Well, I know this sounds cornball but I'd like to somehow make a difference in people's lives.
Troy: And I... I would like to buy them all a Coke.
Lelaina: Troy, aren't you excited?
Troy: I'm bursting with fruit flavor.
Lelaina: All you do around here, Troy, is eat and couch and fondle the remote control.
Troy: I am not under any orders to make the world a better place.
Lelaina: Well, then what good are you?
Troy: You're a pathological optimist.
Lelaina: You're pathological.
Troy: Did he dazzle you with his extensive knowledge of mineral water or was it his in-depth analysis of Marky Mark that finally reeled you in? I just would have liked to have been there to watch how you rationalized sleeping with a yuppie-head cheeseball on the first date.
Lelaina: He's not a yuppie.
Troy: He's the reason why Cliff's Notes were invented.
Troy: What happened to your normal clothes?
Michael: Wow, Lelaina, look at you. You look... Where'd you get that dress?
Lelaina: Um... I don't know, I just bought it. But I think I'm gonna go change...
Michael: No don't, you look beautiful. You look like... you look like...
Troy: A doily.
Michael: Have I stepped over some line in the sands of coolness with you, because excuse me if somebody doesn't know the secret handshake with you.
Troy: There's no secret handshake. There's an IQ prerequisite, but there's no secret handshake.
Lelaina: I was really gonna be something by the age of 23.
Troy: Honey, the only thing you have to be by the age of 23 is yourself.
Lelaina: I don't know who that is anymore.
Troy: I do. And we all love her. I love her. She breaks my heart again and again but I love her.
Troy on the answering machine: At the beep, please leave your name, number and a brief justification of the ontological necessity of modern man's existential dilemma and we'll get back to you.
Ben Stiller should write more movies like this. If you want more Reality Bites quotes, click here. For some reason may gumawa pa ng paper tungkol sa pelikulang 'to at ni-relate sa Mythologies ni Barthes. If you'd reeeally like to read it, click here.
Ang ganda talaga ng film na 'to. Kahit ilang beses ko 'to mapanood hindi ako nagsasawa. As a matter of fact I woke up one day last week at ito yung palabas sa Cinemax... kaya hapon na ko pumasok sa school. Haha. Anyway I could relate more to it now, as I am on the verge of graduating college and going into the real world. Real life na 'to. Depressing.
With this, I'd like to end this post with my favorite quote from the movie:
Troy: There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a quarter-pounder with cheese, those are good. The sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain. The moment where your laughter becomes a cackle... and I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.
Yun na.
2 comments:
hahahaha! asteeeg yung answering machine message niya!!! gusto ko rin sa answering machine ko! ay wait! wala pala kong answering machine, hahaha! ngayon may reason na ko para maglagay ng answering machine!
Sabog ni Christiane! Hahahaha Ü Seryoso ba yan? Sige balitaan mo na lang ako ha, hahaha Ü
Post a Comment