Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hmmm.

Reading my last post, I suddenly realized that I did not have my annual, inspiring, not to be missed, very upbeat, Very Happy Valentine's! Post. (see this, this, and this.)

And then I remembered, it's my sixth Valentine's Day without roses, without chocolates, without anything, without anyone. I spent this year's Valentine's Day at the office, with my Japanese robot officemates who don't seem to care about anything. Least of all the kilig they should be giving me because it's FREAKING VALENTINE'S DAY, Jesus H. CHRIST.

Wahahahahahaha XD Don't mind me, I couldn't sleep tonight. Jim's snoring away on my carpet and I... I can't sleep. And anyway I'm too old for all that Valentine's Day crap. Or maybe nakalimutan ko na. Which is... sad, either way. Hahahahaha XD

So in lieu of feelings I don't really know how to express, I will re-post quotes that maybe will make sense to all of us someday.

"You know what I want? I want a lot of things! I want to be with the woman I love on Valentine's Day! And I want her to love me back! And I want just one moment of relief from the gut-wrenching pain of knowing that that's never going to happen!"
- Joey, "Friends"

"Nagsisising
Matatapos ang gabing
Alam naman nating
Meron nang taning
Nagsisising
Gigising sa katotohanang
Di ka naman talaga akin
Di mo lang alam
Inaasam
Ang panahong
Makapiling ka
Sa una't huling pagkakataon."
- Sugarfree, "Mariposa"


"I'm not in love.
I'm not hurt.
My heart is not broken."
- Makino Tsukushi, "Hana Yori Dango"

"Single people shouldn't feel so shitty everytime Valentine's Day comes around, when everybody else seems to come around in pairs. It's THEM that should feel forsaken, THEY'RE the ones with self-esteem problems."
- Jamie, Whiny Little Freshman

What I genuinely like about Valentine's Day is that I can bitch about stuff, act all bitter and shit, and it'd be perfectly rational behavior. I like that. I mean, I do that the rest of the year anyways, but acting all bitchy and bitter during Valentine's is more meaningful. And special. :D

4 comments:

yyelow_lemon said...

talagang naka red font pa.

jMe said...

shempre naman. para happy ang balentayms. :D

dulce said...

6th na ba??! tagal na pala no.
post ka na ng bago.

jMe said...

sixth na men. woohoo!!! XD