From: -HaZeL aNn-
Date: Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:29:00 PM
Subject: ei!
Message: Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. Happy New Year!
Ang masasabi ko lang, Hazel, ay mismo.
I got so much stuff wrong this year. I was with Lassie at Excel one time, and I remember telling her na "wala nang papangit pa sa 2005 ko." E kasi naman.
Unang-una: TCP Veno. Some guy tried to make me feel better by saying many other students also don't graduate on time because of their thesis... and I was like, so the fuck what? I wanted to do the marching thing for my mom especially kase sobrang excited yun e, and now that's never happening, kase technically, hindi ako part ng Batch 2006, so I can't march with them come graduation day. Isang napakalaking BAD TRIP, and not just because I would've been there with Edok. Pampalubag loob ko na lang, if ever I decide to pursue further studies and manage to graduate on time, then I can march. Pag-akyat ko ng stage I swear sisigaw ko, "This one's for you, Asyon!"
Pangalawa: I opened the year with this big family fight over my (non-existent) love life. Sobrang traumatic ng experience na yun, kase generally Asyon and I can talk about anything, and when we had that fight she wouldn't talk to me for a week. Ang hirap men. Another thing I learned, pag barkada talaga dapat walang talunan, it's so not worth it. Sayang ang mga tambayan, inuman, textan, tawanan, gaguhan, at napakarami pang ibang bagay na mamimiss nyo dahil ni-risk nyo ang pagkakaibigan nyo kase akala nyo meron pang higit dun. Na wala naman pala. Now we're not even friends. I ran into him last week, and we had the most non-conversational conversation ever.
Him: "Ang payat mo."
Me: "Ang taba mo naman."
Him: "Ang payat mo naman."
(Exit, stage left.)
Pangatlo: the ECE Board Exams. Which I wasn't able to take, because I didn't finish my thesis on time. I guess it's sort of a good thing, 'cause I don't think I'dve passed if I was able to take it. Sobrang mixed emotions talaga, kase marami ngang pumasa, pero marami ding hindi. Major bad trip. Kaya desidido rin akong mag-review ngayon e. Kaso parang hindi rin e, kase yung gwapong kaklase kong La Sallista lang naman ang dahilan ng pagpunta ko sa Excel every weekend.
So yun yung top three things that I hated about this fucking year. Mind you marami pang ibang bagay a, pero hindi ko na isusulat 'cause I don't want to bore the hell out of you with my stupid whining.
But then, I have to admit, 2005 wasn't all bad.

First, there's Utoy, who I'm guessing has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and as such is a frickin' handful to look after but who I love to bits anyway. And, can I just share, ang galing-galing mag-drawing ng pamangkin ko! Shet Mike look out! Eto sample ng drawing nya (this would be one of his wax crayon on the tiled floor pieces):

Astig no. This is from like three months ago, he's actually gotten better pa. Ngayon may hair and make-up na yung mga dino-drawing nya. Art Attack junkie kase e.
Another thing that's good about this year was my birthday. Being a Leo, I'm basically the biggest sort of egomaniac there is so I treat my birthday like a national holiday (I think it actually was one this year, because of SONA ata or some shit). Hence I feel very pleased when people treat it with reverence and remember to greet me as early as humanly possible. And this year they actually did - some people even came a-knocking at my door around one hour before my birthday with cake and a card to wait with me for midnight to drop. Suffice to say I was very touched, and I had a great time the rest of the day kahit na I had to spend the morning reviewing. (Letseng Excel, walang holiday-holiday.) Yep, kahit 23 na pala 'ko I can still enjoy my birthday.
This year, I also finished my thesis. I never thought I would, and it was biggest fucking load off my chest. Anyway it was a great excuse to hang out at CTC 208 and get to know the lower batch... it was almost worth it that I didn't graduate on time. Ansaya lang kase andami nila, and they're really funny too. Anlalakas humirit amp. And it didn't hurt that they look good, too. Crushing heaven! Lalo na pag basketball games nila, which I tried to attend as much as possible. Omg, One Tree Hill na 'to. I love you JC Yu!!! (Dapat full name talaga)

Reviewing was really fun too, as I got to spend extra time with admuECEzerofive. As usual, we had a blast hanging out at Hepa-inducing carinderias, riding the LRT together, laughing at our reviewers' corny jokes, and making me cry or walk out with too many hirits. Grabe. (Wala pala akong picture namin sa review center, so the picture above was actually taken at ABS-CBN.)
And finally, this year I became a movie star! Bwahahahaha Ü Yeah, that's my penguin costume below.

Anyway it's almost 5:00 PM on New Year's Eve, so I gotta go na bago ang putukan. Eto ang horoscope ko today, again courtesy of Friendster:
Friendster Horoscope for December 31, 2005
Leo (Jul 23 - Aug 22)
The Bottom Line
You don't need more arrogance in your life. Steer clear of the big egos for a while.
In Detail
Working may be the last thing you want to do now, but your loyalty means that a call for help cannot go unheeded. Answer your cell and check your email in case your boss or a coworker needs you; it may be a pain, but your karma will definitely benefit. You'll still have plenty of time to join in on whatever festivities are in the works this evening, and you'll make an even more dramatic entrance if you're fashionably late.
Yeah. So I think I'll have to steer clear of admuECEzerofive for a while. Oh, and wish me luck with my job hunting thing! Right now I'm waiting for calls from AmKor and Accenture. I'm crossing my fingers for PAL and HP. (A-sa, hahaha Ü) Ayan JM may update na 'ko a. Haha. Til next, peeps. Oh, and before I forget,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!Ü
3 comments:
i don't know if this is gonna make u feel better...
ur not the only one depressed about not graduating on time dammit! What am I? Chopped liver!? Why does it always have to be about u?! This being ur blog is not an excuse! haha
and pass this message to Utoy;
bring it!!
I'll take u anytime, anywhere little man!
haha :P
ps
happy new year din!!!
Damn Jamie! You beat me to it! Sobrang dami kong napapanood sa TV na year 2005 in review shit for the past week, na inisip kong magpost rin ng ganito sa blog ko.
But then...I'm doing it anyway. Haha. One of these days, when I find the time. =)
Skwater ka Mike, hahaha Ü And this is MY blog! And it's not my fault you traipsed around different courses before landing in ECE, asa ka namang gagraduate ka on time! Just kidding, haha Ü Sabi nga pala ni Utoy... mas magaling pa raw sya sa inyo ni Elbert. Bwahahaha Ü
Ulul Marts, gusto mo lng talaga 'ko gayahin e. Hahaha Ü Isulat mo na! Tama na yang overtime-overtime shit na yan. Ano ka, poor?
Post a Comment