... sana!
Last Saturday, the Ateneo ECCE Department sponsored a mass in CTC 315 especially for their 2005 graduates, or more specifically for the November board examinees. (The boad exams for ECE is today and tomorrow.) Most of the batch attended, of course – what with the free food – and had a blast hanging out with their college buddies... I guess. I wouldn’t know. I didn’t attend.
I wish I did, though. Instead of going to mass with them, I was at home, debating with myself whether I wanted to go, or was I just forcing myself to go. I’m not even taking the board exams this weekend, so why should I go in the first place? Epal lang ako dun. And anyway, it was reeeeally late at that point (6-ish na) and lately I’ve been wanting to just lounge around the house and watch Avatar: The Last Airbender with Utoy. (Commercial muna: Puta astig ‘to! Every weekend, 10 am and 530 pm sa Nick. Gusto ko ng Avatar: The Movie! Gods of Hollywood, hear my prayers!) Finally I decided to go, as it was a chance to see everybody (hopefully not for the last time) and wish them good luck.
It was already really dark when I got there, and the CTC gate at the back was already locked so I had to go through SOM and cross the field to CTC. I ran into Lassie, Thea, Chris, Tanch, and Cris on their way out. Barely after saying goodbye to them, I misstepped entering the sunken field, landed on my right ankle at a weird angle, and dropped flat on my ass on the dirt. (I swear my ankles are my Achilles’ heel, they’re so fricking weak. I am such a wimp.) Kung hindi lang ako nagmamadali magda-drama muna ako dun sa field e, tangina masakit talaga. Chalking it up to over-excitement, I got up, missed a call to Dulcinea, and thankfully enough na-gets nya. Tinawagan nya ‘ko at tinulungan umakyat ng third floor. When we got there it turned out I was so late I didn’t even get the chance to go inside CTC 315 – everybody was already on their way out and, it seemed, raring to mock my newly-cut bangs. (Oo back to grade school na ‘to, may bangs na naman ako. I need bangs, you know, if you haven’t noticed I have a reeeaaally wide forehead. )
I’ve been going to school since the summer working on my thesis so I haven’t really had the chance to miss Ateneo yet, but when I saw all of them at that exact time bursting out of the lab, talking loudly and spouting hirits left and right, heading off to eat at Katipunan, I realized that that was the Ateneo I had been missing… admuECEzerofive, hanging out. It’s really cheesy but I. Don’t. Care. I really do love those guys. Kung may tumingin lang siguro sa ‘kin nun may makakapansin ng isang malaking psychotic smile sa mukha ko, which only appears when I’m really happy. (Or I’m in the infamous Video 47.)
Unfortunately Dulcinea, Adz, Jaypz, and Koky couldn’t go with us because they had previous plans, so it was just the 15 of us – an assortment of F4, the Dota Boys, Franz+Avic, Martin+JK, and the Chinese Mafia – who enjoyed an early dinner at Max’s. (Sino ba si Max?) Predictably enough we were the loudest and most boisterous table there, which was not saying much as all the other tables contained mostly lolo’s and lola’s, but all the same we were definitely loud. I mean, you know how loud Terence can be, right? (Pag review class mas malakas pa yung boses nya dun sa reviewer, I swear.) Pero idagdag mo pa si Neil, si Martin, si Seven, si Cholo, si Aaron, si Jun, si Tens, si Lana... puta ibang lebel na yon. Dalawa pa yung nagdala ng digicam – buti na lang hindi kami mahilig magpa-picture. Uluuuul. Putsa kagulo sa piktyur-piktyur, we’re all such hams when cameras are stuck in front of our faces. For some reason the phrase “Pa-picture nang kaming dalawa lang” does not make sense to any of us and we all have to be in the picture. Add to that the fact that some of us hadn’t seen each other in months, kaya marami-raming hirit din ang naipon nung panahon na yon... it was chaos, in the best sense of the word.
Neil: “Yung equation ng torque yung (gives equation, leaves us dumbfounded). Aah, you would think a…”
Terence: (pretending to be an over-eager examinee on the board exam day) “Hi miss, saan ka nag-review?”
Grace: (without missing a beat) “Dyan lang sa tabi…”
Me: “Mas alam ko sa ‘yo yun dahil ako yung adviser!”
[Sino 'to?]: “Bakit mas alam mo pa sa ‘kin e AKO YUNG BOYFRIEND?!”
Me: (natahimik) “… EX-boyfriend.”
It was one of the most fun nights I’ve ever had in a long while. I’ll miss those guys. I’ll miss those kinds of nights with them – yung simpleng petix lang, soaking up each other’s company, konting piktyur-piktyur, konting review ng academics, at maraming tawanan. Seeing as real life doesn’t really start until after the board exams, that evening was the perfect way to celebrate the real end of college life. A sort of really delayed but really awesome grad party. Pero siyempre, hindi mawawala ang after-grad party... at hopefully doon papasok si JP at ang overnight sa bahay (mansyon?) nila after the board. Tamang-tama, nami-miss ko na best friend ko dun – yung Lazy Boy sa kwarto nya. Tapos lalampasuhin ko ulit yung mga ungas sa basketball – sa bente uno, at sa three-point shoot-out. Saka sa bilyar. Living the good life na naman.
Sana pumasa silang lahat… they’re all good eggs.Ü At sana pumasa rin ako sa defense ko. Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh. It’s even harder than reviewing for the board exams, if that’s even possible. Anyway yun na muna. Next post ko siguro ilalagay yung napakaraming quotable quotes ng admuECEzerofive dahil tinatamad na ‘kong mag-type. Good luck ulit guys! Mwah.Ü
No comments:
Post a Comment